Thursday, April 3, 2008

January Flash Back

I had a friend over and it was supposed to be a nice visit, I wanted her to encourage me, I so despirtly need a friend. She came in with all four children and told me my house was a mess and too dirty for her and her children that they might get sick and they left within 15 minutes, she said I needed help. Some friend eh. I know I didn't impress her with a fancy and pretty house, I just wanted to be real . At first I was kind of mad but then and it took me a while before I came to realize, Proverbs 17:17 says " A friend loves at all times." She was not there to hurt me she just told me the truth.

Now let me describe to you what my house looked like. We had these pet flies, and some other creepy crawly things, there was laundry from the summer not done, apple cores or other food like products stuck to the floor, the master bedroom not cleaned in a long time, seeing the floor would almost be a dream. The thing I was washing dishes then making the meal then the next day I would wash the dishes have a nap and I was truly tired. If we ever cleaned downstairs it would be at least one large garbage bag full of garbage. Does this make you feel gross already?

I am reminded of that verse again and I can say that a friend loves at all times, she truly loves me even though I was stuck behind this mess, she and her husband came to visit later that month are now starting to walk beside us in helping our family to function as it should . The enemy would of loved to keep me at the mad part of this story but now we are walking in love.

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

WOW, I am so excited for the work in your heart. Each time I meet with you, I'm so so blessed. I love your heart and it pours out so freely! I am so thankful that God has brought you and steve into our lives. We have grown by having with us!

I thank God that my story has touched you and that through it all, you hear of God's faithfulness. That is my heart when I share....that others would see the unconditional love and faithfulness!

I see so many good things happening in your lives. I am honored to be walking with you through this.....mostly becuase I know how you feel. I can relate to your january flash back and how you got mad. I got so hurt and mad when people would say something about the mess in my house....
But looking back, those that were bold enough to speak, I know were the ones that truly loved me. I thank God that He has protected the one message that Joe and I have wanted to communitcate....and that's that WE LOVE YOU!!!

If those around me hadn't of walked with us, we wouldn't have shared in the blessing of right order! You are so teachable, keep your heart soft and moldable to God's plans and you and steve will be blessed beyond imagination!!

I will be adding your link to my blog for others to come and read!

Nin said...

You aren't alone. I too have walked through these same struggles. It's been a hard road....but with much love and patience and GRACE (most important) from my heavenly Father, and help from my bigger sisters in Christ, God was able to grow me into the woman and wife and mother He desired me to be (although I am not "there yet" and have so much more to learn of course).
It's funny, well not funny, kind of sad, that this is something so many people struggle with, but no one ever talks about it. It's not like when we're all sitting around gabbing people are like, yeah, I have flies and creepy crawlies at my house. haha! (and yes I had those too) But why is that? Especially as women, God has designed us to be keepers and of our home. I pray we could all be more open about our struggles, and receive just as you did, the love that others offer in wanting to help and correct and build up. That was so awesome that you did that, that takes a big person with maturity. Bless you for that.
May God bless you and keep you and guide you as you continue to walk and learn and grow in this area.