Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Drives You?

Many people are driven by guilt
Many people are driven by resentment and anger
Many people are driven by fear
Many people are driven by materialism
Many people are driven by the need for approval

I believe I am driven by the need for approval I have always stayed close to what ever values and beliefs my parents have. It was really hard to cut the apron strings because my husband would say so little about what he thought and I wanted to have the approval of someone. It was a big thing to move to Saskatoon and be more distant from all they had to say. I was on my own before that but I knew this would be more permanent. Even now when my dad has an opinion I really don't disagree, at least not in the same room. And one time I did speak up and he actually called me stupid for not wanting to watch more videos on why evolution is wrong and creation.


The Benefits of Purpose Driven Living?

Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life

Knowing your purpose simplifies your life

Knowing your purpose focuses your life

Knowing your purpose motivates your life

Knowing your purpose prepares you for eternity


Point to ponder: Living on purpose is the path to peace
Verse to remember: You Lord give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you Isaiah 26:3

Question to consider: What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?

I believe that people would see my children as the thing that drives me: I do things for my children with my children and I am striving to be better mom. My interest in health and nursing drives me to study and research in this area. My belief in God keeps me true to his word.

I want to be driven by passion and compassion for others: I want to love like God loves them. I want to be driven by worship that I am so in love with God that he can speak loud and clear.

No comments: