Sunday, June 8, 2008

Growing Up

Now my daughter is only 9 and a half, we have been noticing latly that she is growing up. I think she is starting the early stages of puberty. Today we noticed a zit on her nose, and we do know she is starting to grow bumps for a few months now. I was never taught anything about my body growing up and I was a scared girl with not many friends I did some reading in teen magazines to find out things about my period and stuff. I want my daughter to feel beautiful but I don't know how to teach beauty when I don't even feel beautiful myself. When should I start teaching her period and what other things do I need to teach her? I have read that it is about 2 years after a girl starts developing that she gets her period. In some ways, this is good, but it still sounds too early. What if I still want her to be my little girl?

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

may God give you wisdom when you face this issue. Each child and family is different. I pray that God makes it clear what to share and when to share it.
love you see you tonight!!